Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday Card for my 103-Year Old Grandmother

To create the shaker, I layered from the bottom up:
the stamped and colored white card stock,
two layers of fun foam glued together,
a transparent film,
the purple card stock ring.

A small amount of glitter went inside, making the shaker. I thought about using micro beads, but the glitter seemed appropriate for the card.

I used purple card stock covered with white embossed card stock. The ribbon and dots completed the front. The inside has a stamped birthday wish.

I had a difficult time with cutting the purple ring. I was using a Martha Stewart circle cutter. The paper would move, even though I had taped it to my cutting mat. I don't know if it was me, the paper, or the cutter. I almost gave up a couple of times.

No comments: