Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baptism Card Using Wordle



My great-nephew's baptism is coming up. He is in fourth grade and quite mature for his age, so I wanted to create a card that was more adult than child. I went to Wordle and created this.

In Wordle, you create by typing words into a text box. The more times a word is entered, the larger the word will be in the creation. You can change font, color, word position, and layout. Wordle even allows you to enter an RSS feed to compile your word list. I entered the URL of this blog and was amazed at the Wordle creation. Too much fun!

When I printed the Wordle, I changed the setting of my printer to print two pages per sheet for the front of the card. This gave me a printed area of 4 1/4" by 5", which is just perfect. For the inside of the card, I changed the settings to four pages per sheet.

For the front of the card, I found a verse for a baptism through a Google search. I copied and pasted it into the text box. For the inside, I just typed the words into the text box.

No comments: