Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sponges and Brayers

The Thinking of You card was done on more mustard card stock with a brayer. I used brown, maroon, yellow, and orange inks. The brayer did not spread the ink; instead the ink soaked into the card stock immediately. I liked the randomness of the design, so I just stamped the tree and the sentiment in brown ink. I used Stampin' Up's Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.



The Living With Passion Card was done on photo paper, so I used sponges with the brown, orange, and yellow inks. The photo paper allows me to blend much easier because the ink takes quite a while to dry. However, the sponges take longer than a brayer. I used Stampin' Up's Inspired by Nature stamp set.



Both cards were attached to dark brown card stock. I really like both cards, even though they were done completely differently.

No comments: