Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's and Uncle's Day Triple Layer Cards

Father's Day and Uncle's Day are one in the same at our house.  I used Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery for both the card stock and inks.

I took the three Certainly Celery layers and adhered them together -- just barely.  I used just a small amount of tape, knowing I needed to take them apart right after I stamped them.  I randomly stamped the flourish with Certainly Celery, making sure to not cover up the sentiment.  Then I used the geometric floral stamp with Wild Wasabi. 

The "shadow" that is created from the stamp when stamping across the layers will be covered by the mat.  I disassembled the three stamped layers, attached the mats, and reassembled the layers.  I had to make sure I did not turn the layers upside down; I was careful to match the patterns.  The bottom mat is actually the card base.

For the masculine card, I chose to not use ribbon or bakers twine.  However, I would use more adornment for a more feminine card.

No comments: