Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Photo Album from a CD Jewel Case




This is such a fun and useful project!  The CD jewel case needs to be the thick case, not the mini case.  You can fit twelve 4" square photos in the album, so you need the extra thickness in the case.

The bottoms are 5 1/4 x 4 5/8" and 4 7/8 x 4 3/4".  I could have gone just a bit larger, but I wanted a little wiggle room.  The mats are 4 1/2 x 4 3/8". 

The accordion is made from two pieces of cardstock 4"x12", scored at 4" and 8".  The two pieces are held together with a piece of cardstock 4"x8", scored at 4".  The 4"x8" piece completely overlap the two accordion pieces; make sure the score lines are still able to fold cleanly.  I used red sticky tape on all of the pieces on the accordion, including the bottom and the mat.

I used red sticky tape to attach the punched tab for the handle.  I could have used ribbon, but the punched tab fit into the case.


No comments: